What is the Spanish NIE number?
The Spanish NIE number, short for “Número de Identificación de Extranjero”, is an identification number for foreigners: a tax identification number for foreigners who want to stay in Spain for more than 3 months.
Why do I need the Spanish NIE?
- Opening a bank account
- Buying property or property insurance
- Mortgage loan
- Internet or cell phone contract
- Supply contract
- Buying a car or driving license
- Employment contract and social security
- Foundation of a company
- … and to pay taxes
How do I get the Spanish NIE?
At the Spanish consulate in your home country
In Spain with the Directorate General of the Police.
The applicant must be legally in Spain and state the reasons for applying for the transfer of the N.I.E.
- Mandatory pre-registration: take into account that you will not be served without an appointment. It is therefore very important to request an appointment in advance.
What do I need to get the Spanish NIE?
Requirements that you have to make personally:
- Form of your application duly filled out. EX15 form (in duplicate / with two copies)
- Valid passport, copy from all sides
- Address in Spain
- Two current passport photos
- NIE Application Fee – Model Fee 790 (Cod. 012) This fee must be paid to each bank before your appointment. The amount for the allocation of the N.I.E is 9.64 euros.
- Document showing why you need a Spanish NIE number. This depends on your intentions. In most cases, the following are:
– Buying property in Spain
-Employment contract from a Spanish company
– Self-employment: proof of your own company
-Students: confirmation from school
Non-EU citizens need additional proof of legal entry into Spain (for example an entry form, “Declaración de entrada” in Spanish)
Who can get the Spanish NIE ?
- An authorized representative
How long will it take to get my NIE?
Between an hour and up to 2 months, depending on which way you apply for the number. So plan accordingly!
How can I authorize this?
It is best to let an attorney handle this type of paperwork for you
On the other hand, you will save time and (depending on the procedure) sometimes even money if you hire a lawyer to handle various procedures, such as: B. your NIE number.
To find a specialist in services for foreigners, we offer you reputable lawyers (who speak your language) in Marbella.